Those who suffer from vertigo often experience a dizzy feeling that gives them the sensation that they are moving even when they are standing still. Vertigo can cause vomiting, headaches or nausea. Some cannot walk or stand due to the condition. Vertigo sufferers may have the sensation that they are falling down, spinning or tilting to one side.
Below are some tips that may help improve your vertigo:
- Stand in front on a chair with your feet shoulder width apart and arms at your side. Lean your body forward so the weight of your body rests on your toes. Keep your feet flat and do not lift your heels or toes during this exercise. Sway your body backward so the weight of your body is now on your heels. Repeat the exercise 20 times twice a day.
- Stand with your feet apart and your arms at your side Begin to march in place by lifting your knees toward the ceiling. Repeat the exercise 20 times twice a day.
- Place a chair in front of you and stand in front of a wall to catch you in case you lose balance. Stand straight with your feet apart at a normal distance. Place your arms at your side. Turn your body in a half circle to the right or left. Stop for 10 seconds and turn a half circle again. Repeat the exercise five times with your eyes open and slowly increase until you can continue the exercise with your eyes closed.
- Stand straight up with your feet together and arms straight at your side. Stay in the position for 30 seconds, the release. Increase the amount of time you hold the position each day to help improve balance. Repeat the exercise twice a day.
- Stand straight with your feet together and your arms straight at the sides. Move your head up and down and then side to side in slow motion. Repeat the motion with your head 10 times in each direction. Repeat the exercise 15-20 times per day.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands at your side. Lean your body to the right so the weight of your body rests on your right foot. Do not lift your feet from the ground during this exercise and do not bend your body. Sway back to the left, and place most of the weight of your body on the left side. Increase the distance you sway without lifting up your feet or losing balance. Repeat the exercise 20 times twice a day.
Above are some tips on how to improve your vertigo. Vertigo can affect a person’s life pretty significantly. If you are experiencing symptoms of vertigo it is best to consult your doctor.